Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If it's Tuesday it Must be Magdalena Day!

I've had a sleepless morning for some reason, and woke around 4:00 a.m.  Since I retired from my day job (now I just have my fun cottage industry job!) I've become quite the night owl.  So that means I got about four hours of sleep last night.  Ugh!  It will catch up with me later, but maybe not, because today is "do the Magdalena" day and I'll be meeting with the Maggie's Girls.  There is nothing like group rug hooking to get my adrenaline going.

It will be interesting to see where the ladies have gone in their efforts to hook their Magdalena style rugs.  As I reported last week, Sandy was well into marking up her pattern to add lots of lines and symbols after she reflected further on the M style.  I wonder what Denise has been up to with her pattern.  And Betty, well hers is top secret so I can't say more until I post pictures of her progress. 

As for me, if I'm going to keep up with the group, that means starting a new M style rug.  Hmmm, another new project that is not consistent with my other project plans.  What's a girl to do?  Go with the flow I guess.
I'm going to keep it simple and work on a slightly modified M rug today.  I have long admired the eagle rug M is famous for with two crows in the foreground.  But in my version I'm only going to hook the eagle and leave the crows out of it.  Here's the line drawing of my rug and you are welcome to use it for your own use.

I hear a bit of wind howling outside.  We are supposed to have a "really big" storm system coming through.  Ha, ha, that will be a first for us this winter - if it happens.  Every storm we've had this year has been barely a drizzle.  This state is in a drought, but strangely enough it isn't in the news.  I am a native of this area, and in my whole lifetime I've never seen a dryer winter.  So a good storm would be welcome relief and a nice change of weather experience too.  All that makes for a perfect day of hooking!  Enjoy your day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...