Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to a Semi-Normal Day

Our house has had some brisk activity with real estate showings and yesterday we had to vacate 5 times.  I hope we get a quick sale because this in and out business on short notice is disruptive to any notion of a "normal" life.  Also, you don't want to be cooking broccoli for dinner because you don't want to be stinking up the house and half the showings have been after 6:00 p.m. at night.  So if we can squeeze dinner in before running out the door it has to be a non-smelly dinner which takes a lot of creativity.

We had no requests for showing the house today, and what a relief!  A normal day!  So I worked on my "day job" of  catching up on pattern orders and preparing teaching materials for my class in Mesa AZ which takes place in three weeks.  As draining as drawing a bunch of patterns can be, I actually enjoyed it today as something normal and routine.  It was sort of soothing to be back in the groove of tracing off patterns.

Two of the patterns I finished up are for customized dog breed rugs.  One is an alteration of the antique rug I've been hooking with my own Pembroke Welsh Corgi overseeing a flock of sheep.  This pattern is for Ellen, who requested the pattern with her two Cardigan Welsh Corgis.  Here's a mock-up of the pattern - and a thank you to Ellen for ordering the pattern.
Antique rug adaption with Cardigan Welsh Corgis.

The other customized pattern is for Linda who plans to hook this rendition of her Yellow Lab and Sharpei in my class in Tyler Texas next June.  Linda plans ahead as you can see.  I wonder if she'll find she can't help from hooking these guys before next June.  Thank you Linda for ordering the pattern.
Original design with customized dog breeds.
So now I must return from taking a break to blog and get back to finishing up the mailing labels for the various patterns.

Hope you are having a great week!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...