Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New Designs

I've been playing a little lately, making up some new designs.  Making designs on the computer is so fun and relaxing for me.  But tell me, when will I find time to hook these designs?  And which one shall I work on first?  After all, I have a huge number of patterns I want to hook besides these new drafts.  The colors below are for purposes of illustration and not color plans for the ultimate rugs.

I am not really a big angel fan, but I have always been fond of the Fractur image of two angels arms up to one another.  This general design has been used in so many art images and hooked rugs with the angels grasping candles, Christmas trees and whatnot.  Mine are passing on a message to be true to yourself, love yourself and take care of your heart.
To Thine Own Heart be True:  Kathy Clark, Briarwood Folk Art, all rights reserved.
I was sort of itching to work on a pictorial rug and I usually head for the dogs on my pictorials.  But I have been doing a lot of dogs in the past two years and I figured it's time to expand my horizon.  So sheep became the focus (what a surprise, huh?).  Capitalizing on one of my favorite antique rugs of a Ewe and lamb, I added in another sheep and a farm scene around the sheepies.  I have this rug in progress and am working out some bugs in the design.
Farm Life:  Kathy Clark, Briarwood Folk Art, all rights reserved.
I want a fun rug to hang in the guest room that is whimsical and makes guests feel welcome.  The guest room is still "under construction" but it's getting closer to completion.  I am hoping to have some very honored guests here from Dallas TX in October.  Hint, hint Martha, if you are reading this!  And Pat, who sometimes reads this blog, when are you coming out dearie?!  This rug is next on my "to do" list so it can adorn the guest room by late September.
Friendship Message:  Kathy Clark, Briarwood Folk Art, all rights reserved.
If you are interested in hooking any of these designs, please email me for more info: briarwoodfolkart@surewest.net

If you wish to pin a picture for Pinterest, please give credit to me and reference to my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...