Monday, February 6, 2012

Last Post on the Karen Kahle Class

This will be my last post about the Karen Kahle class I took in AZ.  Before leaving the topic of Karen's fine work, I would like to show some pictures I took of her rugs.  They are a sight to behold!

A study of flowers!
 A study of owl eyes!
A study of backgrounds!
I hope you enjoyed these pictures!

And on another note, the pictures below are from Sedona AZ where mountains, canyon walls, sky and vegetation bind together as nature's perfect examples of what they teach us about the color wheel:  that blue and orange are complements and that red and green are complements.   What do you think of the orange canyon walls against a blue sky and the red canyon cliffs coupled with the green shrubbery?  Isn't it all perfect harmony?

Next I will begin sharing pictures of my Magdalena Menagerie rug in progress.  I've made a lot of progress on it since my last post.  So standby for pictures and discussion as I hook my way through another antique rendition.  Blessings to all of you, from the Sheep!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...