Saturday, May 26, 2012

New Creations for Rug Camp

I've been working hard on making some new items for the student sale at the Cambria Pines Rug Camp.  Offering my patterns and other hand made folk art items helps me with rug camp fees.  It's a lot of work to prepare stuff to sell along with figuring out my pattern and wool for camp but it's worth it for me to participate.  Larry goes to camp too, so we have double fees.  And there's boarding three dogs.... so the cost keeps rising.
The guy on the far left is actually wearing real baby blue jeans, modified for his little waist!
The student sale lasts all of about 30 minutes.  It's a feeding frenzy!  It's very fun and high energy.  I love it and it helps defray our expenses!


Every year Lar gets after me to start earlier in making up my offerings.  But I'm one of those creative types who only gets more creative as there is less time.  So I'm cramming now.  Today I was supposed to start drawing out the rug hooking patterns I'm taking but Mr. Tabby Cat got in the way of that chore.  Making him was so much more fun than making up patterns.  I still have altered art pieces to make and three rugs to bind for the rug show.  Oh my, do you think I'll make it?!  We leave on June 3rd.  The next week will be a busy one!
Mr. Tabby Cat in his jodhpurs.
Now you can see why I haven't finished my Magdalena Meow Mix Cats with Leaf!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...