Monday, September 3, 2012

Tall Tales from Texas Part 2


My trip to the ATHA Heart of Texas Chapter Annual Angela Pumphrey Weekend Rug Hooking Workshop included traveling with Martha and Janet, and we were joined by Ann once we got to the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, TX.  These ladies know every good diner on the way between Dallas and San Antonio and they were bound to show me their favorite spots for more than just hooking.  If you go to the Bluebonnet you must try the pie, it is very yummy and I recommend the coconut cream!

The workshop took place at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk so as much as we focused on hooking, I also got to see a bit of the famous San Antonio Riverwalk when we went out for meals.

The workshop ran for three days and was a pleasure.  Norma Batastini was my teacher and she was most helpful to one and all in our class.  Here are pictures from the rug show.  I'll share a few more in the next post that are more about some of the people I spent time with and met at the workshop.



































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...