Monday, June 24, 2013

Dyed and Gone to Heaven

It's taken a week for me to catch my breath after teaching at the Star of Texas Rug Camp in Tyler.  Besides sheer exhaustion, I also had to deal with getting a root canal done this week which didn't help in my recovery! What a memorable trip we had to TX.

First off, the women in my class were awesome.  It was a pleasure to work with them on their hooking projects.  What a lovely group of ladies; I count my blessings to have spent a week with such wonderful women.

Second, the camp was wonderful but there was some surprising news shared at camp.  Camp directors Cynthia Norwood and Katie Hartner are retiring the camp.  After 15 years of a good run, they have decided to pass the torch.

The good news is that two other experienced camp directors are stepping up to offer camps in the same locations:  Tyler and Fredericksburg.  The camps will be offered under a new name and the new directors will make these camps a success.  Until the camp name, dates and teachers are released, I have no other information to share, but it will all turn out good, I am sure.

Here's the beginning of my pictures from the Star camp.  I'll use several posts to share as I took nearly 300 pic's.

My fabulous class and their projects.
Kathleen with her angel.  We fashioned the angel's hair to be salt and pepper like her talented inventor.

Jerry with her Magdalena Meow Mix cats; her leaf turned out extraordinary!

Charlotte with her dancing rabbits; a new hooker, you'd never know it by the beauty of Charlotte's hooking!

Linda with the dancing bears; a little speed demon, Linda had this fun rug finished in 3 days!

Judy with her Pine Island primitive which she adapted the middle part.

Sandy with her birds of color; a very fun rug indeed!

Chery with her Henny Penny henhouse rug; the chickens in this rug have so much personality!

Kay with her dancing rabbits that are joyfully coming along with beautiful hooking!

Janie, all packed up and about ready to leave camp but ever a fun and positive spirit in our class!

Karen with the Americana Rabbit in wide-cut fine shading!  So artistic.

Sue with her crow atop pumpkin in fine colors for fall!

Judy with her owls and bear, a story rug for sure!

Barbara holding one of my rugs because her Magdalena Pomeranian rug was already put away.
Here are some additional pic's of the class projects.












I would be happy to spend a week, a month or a year with these ladies anytime.  Thank you ladies for such a memorable week in my life!

If you wish to pin pictures for Pinterest, please respectfully credit The Grinning Sheep Blog for the photos.  All rights reserved on original artwork in the patterns shown.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...