Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fun with Wool Finishes

When I teach I like to make a few new class examples to share with students.  For my trip to Canada I made a couple rugs with some different finishes that I have been thinking about for a while. 

The “Mouse in the House” pattern is completed with a rolling border which is intentionally a bit catawampus in shape.  After all, that would be me, catawampus for sure.  Isn't that a great word? 
Close-up of wool Border to Mouse in the House rug.

The beaver rug has a saw tooth border.  After all, beavers are gnawing kinds of critters, so a saw tooth design seemed in order. 
Close-up of saw tooth border.
Another close-up of the saw tooth border.


Both of these borders are easy to make and fun.  They are not boring to work on like whip stitching can become; they work up pretty fast too.  

I will be putting together a small and inexpensive booklet of my favorite fun with wool finishes soon, complete with directions and pictures.  Stay tuned for an announcement when it is available.  

If you wish to pin pictures from my blog for Pinterest, kindly give credit to this blog in your pin. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...