Sunday, February 16, 2014

Drawing vs. Hooking

I have too many rugs I should be actively hooking, but instead I've been drawing out pattern ideas.  This recent drawing flurry is based on going to Yellow Rose Rug Camp in Salado TX in a few weeks and I want to have my class project ready to go.

I've been in love with this peacock for a long time, influenced by an antique rug.  I began designing some patterns around the peacock about two years ago, but other projects got in the way of this bird making it onto my frame.


Focusing on a camp project has led to this design:

Kathy Clark, Briarwood Folk Art Peacocks and Tulip Tree influenced by an antique rug.
This rug is a precursor to a larger scale rug with the peacocks.  I have a special wall in my living room for a larger rug where I want to put the peacocks among a floral menagerie.  That design will be about 40" x 32" but that's only a guesstimate on the eventual size.  I've got to get this smaller peacock rug finished first.

The E.S. Frost sheep is coming along, but the triangles are not calling my name for long bouts of hooking.  This is the tedious part, but it will be worth it in the end.  I hope to have this rug ready to take to Yellow Rose for the rug show.  I do love this rug; it's a keeper.
E.S. Frost Sheep and Birds antique rug adaption - pattern available through Saundra at Woodland Junction.

Happy hooking to one and all!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...