Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mouse in the House

Continuing with my Canadian experience, we are staying on the lake with Loretta and Gord at their year round lake house residence.  If you regularly read Loretta's blog Hooked on the Lake http://hookedonthelake.wordpress.com/ you know that many critters visit the Moore property throughout the year.  

One of my favorite blog posts Loretta wrote last winter was about the mice who try to visit the house each winter. Loretta and Gord are so animal friendly and loving toward all living creatures they only use a live trap for any little buggers who get into the house.  They also put out some feed for the mice on a blanket (so they can stay a little warm) in the garage area.  After reading one of her humorous posts last winter, I was inspired to make this pattern up in honor of Loretta:  "Mouse in the House"  


I felt it was important to hook this little rug before heading to Canada to honor of mice, and lake houses, and Loretta as a fun story teller of  mice visitors.  So here is a small version measuring 14 1/2" x 8" (rug area) not including the border.

Due to the small size, I did not add the fleur-de-lis shapes on the back wall of the drawing in my little version of this rug.  This pattern was also recently introduced on my website.

I will post some pictures of the finish for this rug and the Beavers for Canada rug in my next post.

If you wish to pin pictures from my blog for Pinterest, kindly give credit to this blog in your pin. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...