Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Diversity

Diversity.... isn't it the spice of life?

Diversity in preferences, styles, techniques, approaches to planning, intuition, spontaneity, execution ...... all of these words describe rug hooking and the elements that go into hooking a rug.  Here are some pic's of diversity among some of the great women I know:

My friend Betty, a fine cut artist.  Surely this rug is Celebrations bound (and Betty has been in Celebrations several times).
Betty Taylor, Roseville CA, finished size approximately 4' x 2 1/2'.
Sorry I do not know the pattern designer's name for this exquisite project.

This was about a two year effort.  And in-between working on this masterpiece, can you believe I played a part in getting our Betty, our Ms. 3 and 4 cut, to hook two (yes two!) Magdalena style rugs too!!!!!
 Look at the colors, all fine shaded.  Real talent here!  A hooking angel among us.

Donna's rug finished from the Canadian class I taught in September.  What a fun rug and Donna and Loretta (Hooked on the Lake - link on the right under blogs) finished this rug off with a braid.  A perfect finish.  Donna took the approach in true antiquey style of hooking this rug in pronounced directional hooking.

Donna Code, Ontario Province Canada, antique adaption
Sandy recently finished up this kit by LJ Fibers.  Laurie Lawson (LJ Fibers) has such a knack for preparing fun and primitive projects in her rug of the year kits.  And Sandy raves about the quality of Laurie's kits.  
Sandy Satnowski, Roseville CA

And Moi?  Well I've been quiet lately, and thank you to all who have emailed me to say:  "What's the matter?  You're too quiet!"  I've just been in a quiet space for several weeks and not doing very much hooking.  

Here's a little rug I finished a couple weeks ago as part of my little scrappy pattern series.  I didn't even draw straight lines for this little mat, in an effort to make it old and funky looking.  But the fringe seems to hide these intentional imperfections.
Kathy Clark, Little Scrappy Chicks pattern, Briarwood Folk Art

I hope you are all staying healthy through this holiday season.  Happy holidays!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...