Monday, January 6, 2014

Way too Quiet!

Quiet, very quiet.  Yes that's me for the past couple months.  Somehow I haven't felt like "yakking" through my blog.  So I'm trying to find my voice again, slowly but surely.

Maybe it was the holidays approaching, or the ending of another year.  Maybe it's because my mother's health has been deteriorating more and more these past couple months.  I can't quite say why, but I've been quieter than usual.

I haven't been hooking much either.  A bit here and there when my hooking circles meet.  I haven't felt any great inspiration lately, but I am trying to gear up to work on this lovely antique adaption of the E.S. Frost sheep:
Original pattern by E.S. Frost
Saundra from Woodland Junction draws up this antique rendition.  Saundra and I traded patterns last year; she sent me this sheep pattern for my Big Dog Hollow pattern.  I hope to be starting this rug soon as a way to get back into FUN and INSPIRING hooking.  I'll post pictures as I hook along.

I hope you all had a happy and healthy holiday season.  My Tuesday hooking pals were over to my house in December to see my numerous Christmas collections and give a little holiday cheer.  Here they are, hooking along in my family room.  What a great bunch of women.

Denise's Teachers' Workshop rug which she altered to make it a personal account of Nike's life (her dog).
Another stunning rug by Denise.
Eleanor is working hard to finish a gift for her daughter.
Jan, Dianne and Sandy.
Dianne working on a tile design she started at the ATHA biennial.
Sandy hook, hook, hook.
Jan surveying her fun color choices.
Betty, Daniella and Teresa.
Teresa and Lynda.  Maybe more yakking than hooking.
 Happy New Year to all of you.  I hope all of your dreams come true in this fine new year.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...