Saturday, August 2, 2014

Too much fun?

Can a girl have too much fun (with something else) that she's "off" from rug hooking?  Hard to believe, but yes I've been on a fun sabbatical that has made hooking suffer; but I'm working my way back to my frame, hook, linen and wool.

I've been missing in action because I found a fun niche of women in my neighborhood who also have a passion for paper arts and we've been playing in paper instead of wool in my neck of the woods (I still haven't found any hookers in my immediate community).  I'm not posting pictures of my paper arts work yet, but it has kept me away from my first love: rug hooking.

So to get back into a hooking groove, I'm posting some pictures of my most recent rug.  This is the pattern I started at Cambria Pines Rug Camp in June.  It is called "Birds, Bees and Honey Please." To mix it up a bit, I experimented with some trapunto (stuffing) techniques in this rug.  It added a fun change in the overall appearance of the rug.

Here is a good source for reading more about trapunto as it is used in quilting:  http://www.museum.state.il.us/muslink/art/htmls/ks_tech_t.html

Birds, Bees and Honey Please finished rug, waiting to be bound.
I used the trapunto technique in the bee skep, the heart and the round part of the sun..
Closeup of largest trapunto section:  the bee skep.
Trapunto heart area closeup.








 A very fun and joyful project and easy to make too.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...